Friday, February 10, 2012

I'm Thankful!

Sometimes, I think we need to stop rushing around, worrying, talking, complaining...just stop...and be silent and thank God for all of the blessing in our lives!  Don't ask Him for anything...just thank Him!! 


So, today I'm going to do just that! I'm gonna list whatever pops in my head!

Today I am thankful for...

Forgiveness...so thankful that He forgives me, that my friends forgive me and that my family forgives me!

Darren...he is amazing!  I'm am so blessed to call him my husband and best friend!


Bart, Brett & Abbie...they bring so much joy, laughter and fun into my life...yes, they bring their own sets of issues but seeing them overcome struggles and develop into caring, loving individuals is so rewarding!


Friends...I do NOT know what I would do without them! 




Bubba & Belle...they make me laugh...yes, they make messes that I dread cleaning up but the kids love them and they love the kids...I think pets kinda complete a family..so most days I am thankful for them!



Vacuums...to sweep up that dog hair that makes me CRAZY!

Hugs...I am so happy that there is a way to show someone you love and care about them without saying a word!  And a great big hug always makes my heart tingle!  I think they can cure many things!  I used to have a big poster in my room growing up and it said this...I still remember it!

It's wondrous what a hug can do.
A hug can cheer you when you're blue.
A hug can say, I love you so,
or, gee, i hate to see you go.

A hug can sooth a small child's pain
or bring a rainbow after rain.
A hug says welcome back again,
it's great to see you, where've you been.

A hug, there's just no doubt about it,
we scarcely could live without it.
A hug deligths and warms and charms,
it must be why God gave us arms!

Hugs are great for fathers and mothers,
sweet for sisters, swell for brothers,
And chances are your favorite aunt,
loves them more than potted plants.

Kittens carve them, Puppies love them,
Heads of State are not above them!
Hugs can break the language barrier
and make your travels so much merrier.

No need to fret about your store of them,
the more you give, the more there's more of 'em,
so stretch out those arms without delay,
and GIVE SOMEONE A HUG TODAY!


Music...how can someone live without music??  It effects me like nothing else can!

Dancing...goes right with the music!  Oh, how I miss ballet class...I LOVE to dance!  I love to crank up the music in the speakers throughout the house and just dance and sing...now the kids aren't always so thankful for that but I really don't care!  Madonna and I have a great time!




Laughter & Fun...oh my goodness, I love to laugh and have FUN!!!!



Humor...it makes me laugh!

Sarcasm...I am thankful that God made that one of my special talents...but not sure how my family feels about it!  Brett appreciates it, I think!




Grass...I love to walk barefoot in it...and cutting it is one of my favorite things to do!


Sunshine...don't you just feel happy when you're out in the warm sunshine?


Shoes...even if you're chubby, you can still wear cute shoes, right?  Unless your foot is as wide as mine..then you are a little limited!

Mascara...I do NOT leave home without it!  Greatest invention ever...besides eyeliner!

Big Barrel Curling Iron...if you saw my hair without the use of one or with the use of

Hair Products for Curly Hair....you would be thankful for both as well!!!

Those things can take me from this....

To this...now you are thankful for those items, too, aren't you?

iPods...music, e-mail, pinterest, FB all in one little rectangle...Amazing!!

Cheese...no explanation needed :)

Jimmy Johns...not only do they have great sandwiches...they have awesome signs in the restaurants that I love to read!

Cameras...what in the world would I do without being able to capture images of my life?  I LOVE looking back at old photos and daydreaming about the past and talking about our memories! And seeing things I otherwise would never be able to see!


Like bart in Australia! I'm so Jealous!


The Beach/Ocean...the peace i feel when I am on a beach watching the waves...nothing compares!  i will live there one day!


Grandma Hazel...I miss her so much, she loved me unconditionally.  And through her life and death, I learned alot about life and love!



Granny Lois & Grandpa Bob......They are goofy and I know they love me!


My Parents...for raising me in church...Dad is a great example of a Godly man, he has helped shape the person I am today and taught me about loving God and loving others!  I am so thankful for his wisdom and ways!


My brother...we may not agree on everything but I know I love him, he loves me, and he loves my kids!  He is so giving!!!


Jennifer...my sister in law!  She is awesome, organized, and loves the kids! 


Computers...oh my goodness, I used to be scared of these things...but they bring so much information, so quickly! 

Books...I LOVE to read and learn...and sometimes escape!

Creativity...I thank God for giving me a creative mind...for allowing me to think outside the box..to be just a little different!


My Health...I thank Him for blessing me with wonderful doctors and for leading them while they repaired my birth defect during open heart surgery 4 years ago.  That is something I never want to go through again and I never wish it upon anyone but I am thankful that my heart is now "normal"!

Smiles...they change everything...put others at ease...and I do believe they are contagious!


Love...so thankful that I have people to love and people that love me!





And the obvious...food, shelter and clothing!  We so take that for granted, but we shouldn't!  So many people in this world go without!
Make sure you thank Him for all of your blessing today!

No comments: