Thursday, January 26, 2012

Just to make you think...#2

Short on time...so here you go...more quotes to make you think!
As you know, I am not afraid to say what I think or to stand up for what I believe!  I often feel like I am standing all alone.  It's not easy...but I have to be able to live with myself!  I'll never understand how people can see an injustice or someone being hurt and just ignore it...I'm just not wired that way!  Sometimes, I wish I could turn off my "care button"... "my heart often responds to more than my life allows me to act upon!"

These are a few other quotes that I love that go along...

"MY DOCTRINE IS THIS,
THAT IF WE SEE CRUELTY OR WRONG
THAT WE HAVE THE POWER TO STOP,
AND DO NOTHING,
WE MAKE OURSELVES SHARERS IN THE GUILT."



"The one thing that doesn't abide
by majority rule
 is a person's conscience."

So,


I know there are people who do not like me because I voice my opinion on issues.  I really struggle with people who crave power and want to control everything for their own benefit.  I despise it when people think they are better than others, because they have a "good job", money, "the right name", hang around the "cool" crowd or hold a certain position.  I would rather have a few friends and a few people like me while being true to myself and my beliefs, than to have everyone like me and compromise my values and morals to "fit in" to a certain crowd!  So, when I saw this quote, it made me smile!  It's awesome!



Do you stand up for what you believe in? 

Do you compromise your values and morals to "fit in"? 

Isn't this great?  And so true!!

WHEN THE POWER OF LOVE
OVERCOMES
THE LOVE OF POWER
THE WORLD
WILL KNOW PEACE!

Just think how much different things would be in our homes, schools, churches,  organizations, community, local government, state government, federal government, if the power of love could overcome the love of power!  What a different world it would be!


If we all could just....
Things could be so much better!  Is it really that difficult to smile at someone, to say hello, to treat everyone with respect?  Is it really that difficult to encourage our children to be more understanding, accepting, kind and generous?  Is it too much to ask to treat each and every person we meet as an equal...a brother or sister in Christ?  Wouldn't it be great if we could appreciate differences and uniqueness in others? 
We all are entitled to our opinions, thoughts, and ideas.  I love to argue my side of things, but I also can agree to disagree!  I love Darren so much, but we have differing views on many things....but that doesn't mean I love him any less!  I have very close friends that I discuss issues with and we often disagree...but I still love and respect them.  Sometimes it is not easy, but we can still love and respect others even if they are different or don't agree with our opinions!!! 
 The world would be so boring if we were all the same!

Speaking of boring, I don't want to get to serious...or i know you'll stop reading...so let's have a little fun!

That cracked me up!!!  Doesn't that look like Darren???


No comment!


And maybe I'm not "The Norm" either...and that's OK with me!
Oh how I LOVE Chris Farley!  Sure wish he was still here with us!
He was one funny man!


And this guy...he makes me laugh, too!  I adore him! 
 Do you know who this is??



One last thought....

I struggle with this sometimes and other times I think I do ok.  But I think we all need to tell others how we feel about them, even if it might be uncomfortable!  I try to let the important people in my life know that I love and care about them and that I am thankful  and blessed to have them in my life! 
So, go out and hug someone that matters to you and tell them how much you love and appreciate them...
AND DO IT TODAY!



3 comments:

Janie Fox said...

You love Hulk Hogan? bahaha That is cute. Blogging is cathartic for sure. Now I HAVE to do it and I think in "blogish".

Amy Hatfield said...

The last quote is one I wish I had done more often with my dad. We had a love hate relationship. Only told each other on special occasions we loved each other and hugged. As I knew time was getting shorter with him I did it more. what I wouldn't pay to have him back here today to love him and hug him. Smile always cause it makes ppl think what is she smiling for.

Anonymous said...

I have really been enjoying your blogs! They make me laugh and more importantly stop and think! Thanks for sharing!